We want to invite you to the
ALL HANDS MEETING OF THE INTERNATIONAL SHANG SHUNG FOUNDATION
on July 6th 2017 in the Gönpa at Merigar West.
This meeting is a special occasion
– to meet most of the people being active with and responsible for the various projects of the SSF,
– to get the latest information about the manifold activities carried out by the eight branches of SSF,
– and to offer one’s ideas and proposals for a future collaboration.
We are also very happy and honored that our most precious master and founder of the Shang Shung Foundation, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, will be present in the first part of our meeting.
In the morning we will give you a general overview about the structure of the SSF, its programs, and about the relationship between the International Dzogchen Community and the International Shang Shung Foundation.
In the afternoon we will work in various groups of interest and each group should give an answer as the outcome of its work.
If you are in Merigar in that period after the retreat with our master, please come and become part of our important work dedicated to Tibetan culture.
Here is the planned program:
MORNING SESSION: 10.00 – 12.00
– Guruyoga and Welcoming everybody
– Opening words by Rinpoche
– Introduction to the work and responsibility of the international Shang Shung Foundation
* The mission of the SSF
* The board of directors of the SSF
* The eight branches of the SSF
– Relationship of IDC and SSF
– Presentation of SSP and SSSP
– The importance and value of the archive
– The new website of the SSF
– About the afternoon
AFTERNOON SESSION: 15.00 – 18.00
From 15.00 – 17.00 we will work in different groups. These various groups will be:
– IT, new website, educational platform
– Shang Shung Publication
– Tibetan Language and Library
– Tibetan Medicine
– Transcription Project
– Plans and ideas for the 30th anniversary of the SSF in 2019
From 17.00 – 18.00 the groups will present their results in the plenum
Dedication of merits
The groups are invited to answer the following questions:
How do you see your group contributing to the growth of SSF?
What are the changes you would like to implement in your area of interest?
How can you contribute to SSF mission?
Hope to see you soon in Merigar,