Dear friends and supporters the activities of the Shang Shung Institute Austria,
One of our dear Vajra-sisters recently told me about her last dream. In her dream our Master, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, appeared and told her:
“Let’s not forget about the Ka-Ter Translation project. It is an important activity.”
Yes, these words of the Master are really very true and we should not forget about this initiative that started in 2002.
Without the help of our main translators, Adriano Clemente and Elio Guarisco, we would hardly have any translation of the teachings of our Master and other important teachers,
and we would hardly have any books being published within Shang Shung Publications.
All books that are written in Tibetan, as well as all books that contain some Tibetan words or phrases, plus all practice supports in the form of booklets or books, that are published within Shang Shung Publications, are being translated, reviewed, and checked by Adriano and Elio.
WHAT A WONDERFUL HELP, BENEFIT, AND SUPPORT FOR ALL OF US!
Besides the translation and revision-work of Adriano and Elio, the activities of the Ka-Ter Translation Project also include the support of the activities of Nancy Simmons as one of our main editors, as well as two interesting and important transcription projects:
– the transcription of the teachings of Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo given during the 4-years training for becoming an authorized Tibetan doctor. Based on this project there will be about 38 books published in the next five years, the first books will be published very soon;
– the transcription of Tibetan stories and tales told by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu especially in the first years of giving teachings. The result of that project will be a very nice and illustrated book that hopefully can be published within the next two years.
Here are some updates from our main translators:
In the last months Adriano has mainly been working on the large Tregchod book by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu which will take him a few more months.
Elio is working in the following texts:
1. review of the translation of the Tsalung of Yantra Yoga, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s compilation on the topic of channels and prana from the Dra Thalgyur, Vimalamitra’s Commentary to the Dra Thalgyur, and Longchenpa’s Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle;
2. revision, compilation of notes, and introduction to the rough draft translation of the Dra Thalgyur Root Tantra prepared by Jim Valby;
3. review and update of the Book on the Practice of Amitayus with information on the use of the bell, the dadar and the melodies as to prepare a standard practice;
4. research about uncertainties regarding the section on the various Chulen practices from the Dra Thalgyur for the large Tregchod book being now throughly revised and finalized by Adriano Clemente.
As you all know very well, all translations that are in the work-process stage and all those that have already been done,
all books that already have been published based on these translations,
all transcriptions and editing of the teachings of Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo,
all transcription of the Tibetan stories and tales,
are all entirely based on donations.
It is actually YOU who made all this great work possible.
Thank you so much for all your kindness, understanding, and generosity.
Please – as Rinpoche told our Vajra-sister in her dream – please don’t forget about the Ka-Ter project.
Please continue to support it with your donations.
We really need your support more then ever!
Please send your donation to our bank account:
Account holder: Shang Shung Institute Austria
IBAN: AT19 3815 1000 0003 0387
Address of the bank:
Hauptstr. 39, 8262 Ilz, Austria
send your donation via Paypal: just use this link: PAYPAL
You can also contribute and send your donation on a monthly basis.
Thank you so much for everything and your donations,
very best wishes,
Director of the Shang Shung Institute Austria
phone: +43 664 88662660